18.1.09

My Child !

Dear Readers,
( am actually assuming that there are good people out there who care a hoot about this my pastime waste-of-time).
You say that that's hard on me!? Well, none of you has ever left a comment on the blogs to let me know you've been here!. So, am still wishing am not just thinking to myself all this while.
So Valentine's day is here again. The nightmare of loners. The joy of lovers. And the doom of many young people who just got it all wrong. For the period am going to be sharing excerpts from the lyrics of the songs I used my youthful blood to write. You see, I lived the days of my youth in songs. Songs which fate seem to have sworn never to let heard. I share portions of these lyrics with you my friends because you can't be that many yet as to point me out in the street and say
'there he is "booooooo!"
and because I myself was a hopeless romantic. Although when I married, it was not for love. I just had to move on. To keep going or else die on one spot.
These works are copyrighted, so if you dig some of them ask properly, please. That goes for the creative ones.
You see, I was so late on things that I wrote songs about future experiences, like this one for a child I had not yet had :

My Child ( written Tue 22/09/1992)

I've changed a lot.
I've changed a great deal, my child.
Oh that you you knew me when I was young.
When I was strong and new and care free.

Oh that God had given you to me ealier than now, my child.
Then together you and I
We would have played, and laughed and shouted aloud
In pure and simple joy.

But now, I've grown wise.
I've learnt to stand again when I fall.
I've learnt that life is both pain and joy.
I've learnt to restrain myself, and it has
Taken the fun out of living.
And I know that to you am boring.
So, I understand if you rebel at my back.
Only, do not over do it.
So that you won't sorrow much
When you too grow wise.
Yes, you too must grow wise
Someday, my child !

No comments: